Not just a condiment, vinegar has many uses around the home. The examples below use SPAR White Spirit Vinegar.
- A perfect ingredient for an environmentally friendly bathroom general cleaner and sanitizer, whether used directly on a wiping cloth, or heated before filling and using from a spray bottle, followed by a rinse off after a few minutes. Mirrors, taps and the bath will gleam!
- When washing glasses, include a dash of vinegar in the rinsing water.
- To clean off staining inside an electric kettle, half-fill with water, add 30mls white vinegar and boil for 10 minutes. Once cooled down, pour out and wipe away the stains.
- To remove the smell of smoke, place bowls of white vinegar around the house.
- To clean the toilet bowl add a 125 ml bicarbonate of soda to 250 ml white vinegar in toilet bowl. When the fizzing stops, swish bowl a few times with a toilet brush and flush.
- Cauliflower will remain white and without cooking odour if a few drops of vinegar are added into the water while boiling.
- Badly burned pot? Boil some vinegar with a little water in the pot, for about 30 minutes. Burnt on food will come off easily now.
- Add 15 ml vinegar into 250 ml fresh cream an hour before using as sour cream.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this website is provided by the SPAR Group Ltd for general information purposes only. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.